Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Help me identify my Bitty Baby?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MollyMolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2005
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is my Bitty a a PM Bitty, a Mattel Bitty, or a My New Baby?

    I'm pretty sure that I got her in December of 1997.
    She has soft blonde eyelashes and not much hair color.
    She came in a white sleeper with red roses or hearts.
    Here are some pics:

    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ictures077.jpg

    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ictures047.jpg

    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ictures033.jpg

    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ictures002.jpg

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 19, 2006 09:14 PM: Message edited by: MollyluvsMarshi ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She's a PM blonde bitty.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MollyMolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2005
    Posts
    236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank's so much! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    Originally posted by smoredrama:
    She's a PM blonde bitty.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was just getting ready to HB call you! I knew you would know Dionne. You are like a resident BB specialist! HA!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Dionne, I thought the palms up bitties were our new babies. This doll has her palms up and she doesn't have the painted on hair like the bitties do. I'm curious about this as I sold a doll just like it that came in a tshirt and a diaper and I'm wondering if it was really a new baby.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The very first bittys were Our New Baby style dolls, but they came with the bear and in the red and white sleeper. They didn't change the doll until a little later.

    ~Abby

  7. #7
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The PM bitties also have "palms up." And the "hair coloring" is barely visible on the blond bitties that I have.

    I, too, think this is a PM blond bitty--based on appearance of the doll, when she purchased the doll, and the sleeper the doll came with.

    I have been told one of the biggest differences between the dolls is also that the our new babies are very "squishable," even on their faces.

    Linda

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    MollyLuvsMarshi, look on the back of your Bitty's neck. does she have a 14 under Pleasant company? If so, she is a Bitty. No 14 means ONB. I have an ONB, and I had 2 of the blonde lash Bitties. They have very subtle differences, but the 14 is a dead giveaway. The palms seem to be up, but when laid down an ONB looks as though she is ready to be picked up. Bitty's arms just hang off to the side.

    Here are some comparison pics. The PM blond lash Bitty has darker blond lashes, and her palms are down

    PM Bitty

    Our New Baby has lighter blonde and thinner sparser lashes, and her palms are up.

    ONB

  9. #9
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My ONB was bought from the company by me and she has a 14 on her neck.

    edited because I cannot read.
    edited again because I was right the first time.


    ~Abby

    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ March 19, 2006 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Calyndra ]</font></font>

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ March 19, 2006 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Calyndra ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, mine does not, and that is what I was told by the company was a determining factor. Laura has an ONB that she got from PC too. Oh well that throws that theory out. Anyway, I included pics that should show some differences.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •